We have chosen the recipients of free hand-painted silk for our mini contest (click here to learn more about this). We were going to only choose two, but had such a hard time deciding that we chose three. Felicitous, Kaleigh and Pinar are our winners. Thank you to everyone who entered!
We can’t wait to see what these three lovely ladies create!
Here are their ideas:
“With the hand painted silk yarn, I would weave a tapestry using found materials. With the silk yarn being the primary yarn in the project, it will be interwoven with objects such as small pieces of mica, agate slices, bits of fused glass and whimsical items such as pieces of vinyl records and their labels, thin strips of cardboard packaging from beer cartons and cereal boxes, t-shirt strips and dried stalks/leaves from my garden. I know this sounds like one hot mess, but my goal would be a finished tapestry that would be a textural landscape woven with hand dyed silk and incorporated with found materials.”
“I had the pleasure of hosting Sara Lamb for our weaver’s guild back in October. She taught me how to weave knotted pile. If I had the silk, I’d like to use my 12″ little guy Mirrix to weave a small knotted pile panel to incorporate into a woven purse or perhaps a wall hanging. It will either be a spiral galaxy / astronomy design or a traditional Turkish kilim motif (since that’s where I was born).”
“I have been contemplating what to start for my next project and I am very interested in working with geometric designs. Everything I have worked on for the past 4 years has been very fluid and curved, so I want to give a try at something new! I have come across some aerial maps of the eastern Iowa countryside where I call home right now. I would use the maps as a guide to create a geometric design and use the silk to blend and define different areas of the final cartoon. In two months, my husband and I will be moving to Utah, so it would be great to weave something that can remind us of where we grew up and met.”
Check out her #ideserveamirrix piece below. Don’t follow us on Instagram yet? Click the button below.
A winner has been chosen!
Click here to see who won!
2. Tag Mirrix (@mirrixlooms ) in a photo of a piece of fiber or bead art you have made and tag the photo with the hashtag #ideserveamirrix
Terms and Conditions:
Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms “I Deserve a Mirrix” Instagram Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Winners will be announced on Instagram and on the Mirrix Looms blog.
Contest begins May 9th, 2015 and ends May 29th, 2015 (note: this contest was extended)
The winner will receive a $50 Mirrix Looms gift certificate good on any purchase of $75 or more from Mirrixlooms.com.
1. Eligibility: Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies are not eligible.
2. Open to U.S. residents over the age of 18.
3. Pieces will be judged by Claudia Chase & Elena Zuyok of Mirrix Looms and a winner will be chosen based on their decision.
4. Entry Restrictions. Limit one (1) entry per person.
5. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (or any part thereof), Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the contest, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this contest shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), but NOT attorneys’ fees. These Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the State of New Hampshire.
7. By entering this contest, you agree that we can use your name and recent posts on the Mirrix Facebook Group our blog and on social media.