Share your Studio Contest
When anyone with artsy inclinations walks into Mirrix President Claudia Chase’s studio, they get lost in a world of fiber and beady inspiration. From looms (most with half-made pieces) to finished pieces and curious equipment like electric skein winders, it’s a fun little sanctuary to explore.
I, on the other hand, live in a one-bedroom apartment without much space for a “studio”. My office is a desk in the window-corner of our living room flanked by dog and cat beds and one shelf that holds my looms and everything else weaving-related (the rest is in a closet; we were blessed with some decent closet space). It isn’t a swoon-worthy studio/office by any means, but it works.
A customer suggested to me a few months ago that having people share pictures of their studio space of Mirrix owners would be fun and interesting. I agreed and added the idea to my ever-growing list of things we should do. Now I’m finally getting around to it and we’re making it into a contest!
Send us a picture or two or three of your studio space (and by that, we mean whatever your workspace might be. It could be a beautiful dedicated studio space, but it might just be your coffee table). If you have a Mirrix (or 6), include it/them in the picture. Also include a blurb (fewer than 500 words) about your space. What do you like about it? How would your ideal studio differ? What’s unique about your space?
We will publish all valid entries in a series of blog posts and to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
We will choose the winner based on creativity of the blurb and photo/s.
Email all entries to email@example.com with the subject “Studio Space Contest”. Write your blurb directly in the email. Please make sure all pictures are smaller than 1000 x 1000 pixels and are larger than 250 x 250 pixels. Image files only. We will not accept images in documents or .pdf files.
All entries due by
Grand Prize: $50 Mirrix Looms gift certificate
The Fine Print:
Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms Stare Your Studio Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility: Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies are not eligible.
2. Open to U.S. residents over the age of 18.
3. Winner will be chosen by Mirrix’s own Claudia Chase & Elena Zuyok.
4. Entry Restrictions. Limit one (1) entry per person.
5. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (or any part thereof), Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the contest, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this contest shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), but NOT attorneys’ fees. These Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the State of New Hampshire.
7. By entering this contest, you agree that we can use your images and words on our website, our blog and on social media.