Inkle Weaving on the Mirrix: Sort of
I warped up the Mirrix with perle cotton. I don’t recall what the weight is (can’t recall what the weights of perle cotton are period and don’t want to take time to look them up . . . you can though!). Wasn’t very thick. I used a 22 dent spring. (My next experiment will leave the spring out completely just as there is no spring on an inkle loom because the warps are meant to lie next to one another and the spring creates a slight separation.) The idea was to create an inkle band. Actually, originally I put two sets of warps on the loom. The second one experienced so much experimentation that it finally accidentally got cut and was removed from the loom. Let me show you a picture of the remaining warp and explain what I ended up doing with it.