Back on track
As mentioned previously, I wasn’t happy with the colour of the neck area. It was standing out too much, and not quite right. I should have changed it as I wove those rows, but fear wouldn’t let me. Hindsight is a great thing!
I started frog stitching it this week. For those who don’t know, frog stitch (rippit!) is undoing. Someone told me a method for undoing without taking out all the rows after the section you intend to undo. I removed two rows, and wove the first again with the new colour choice. The difference was instantaneous! It looked better after just the one row!. It’s subtle but you can see it nonetheless.
I undid the remaining rows and rewove them all. It was a very good decision to change the colour. It’s definitely looking better. Of course I’d still love to hear your opinion on that! I did some more weaving today, and one of the faces is almost complete. I’ve been looking at it up close all day, so I’ll reserve judgement till tomorrow. Sorry about the photo. It’s dark so I can’t get a great one.
I am seriously considering lining the purse. The plan was to reweave the warps along the top edge, and join the bottom of the panels using the warps. If I go ahead with lining it (I strongly dislike sewing!), I can skip reweaving the warps along the top edge. I’ll also have to get thinking about the handle and fringe.
On another note, I have a project for which I want include loom bead weaving as one of the techniques I’ll leave the rest to your imagination 🙂
Happy beading and have a good weekend.