A new piece has been started which will be a small tapestry. Originally I had planned to incorporate beads into the weaving but I wasn’t satisfied with the way they looked so I removed them. They may make an appearance later in the piece or I may just wait and add them as an embellishment after the tapestry is completed.
I’m finally adjusting to weaving on a different loom so I’m starting to get back into the flow and not feel as though I’m all thumbs. Still getting a bit organized though… heddles and a bottom spring kit have been ordered which should smooth out some of the rough spots and speed things up. Although, I’m one of those weavers who likes to work without much of a plan so I tend to try things and if I’m not happy, I spend time undoing what I did instead of just living with it. This piece is actually moving along fairly quickly though.
Since I do most of my weaving on Saturday and Sunday, I will be posting to the Inside Mirrix blog on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I will be posting a video to YouTube on Sundays.